Monday, May 4, 2009

Changing

Waiting, leaping into adulthood,
wishing youth is forever,
not knowing easy and fast isn't good,
independence, vibrancy life.

Birthing, beginning, babies and families,
smelling fear,
it all starts out easy,
all at once your life starts there.

Borrowing, begging for success,
deaf world ignores your plans,
finances are such a mess,
making ends meet.

Fighting, screaming with yourself,
learn to love your chosen heart,
sometimes desire with someone else,
comes between the ones you raised.

Crying, working, to understand,
Worth it?
The answer isn't dying,
It's existence.

5 comments:

anniebanana@hotmail.com said...

Okay, this one's kinda dumb.

anniebanana@hotmail.com said...

There may be others, beware. LOL.

K-Ry said...

Stop with the negative precursors! What did Kezar call you?

They're brilliant, Anne!

Trulee said...

I don't think this one's dumb at all. You were able to put so much of life into so little space. It's like looking at the scope of life and one person's importance in the scheme of things. I love the last stanza. I connected to it.

Virginiapetal said...

This poem reminds me of that folk song that my mom used to listen to all the time when I was a kid. I think it's called "coming around again" by Carly Simon. It was written for the movie "Heartburn" which my mom also watched a million times. Listen to the song on youtube and tell me what you think.